5 REASONS TO VISIT STRUTHERS LONDON AT SALON QP IN NOV
After launching the Brand with a Morgan Car collaboration, this London based atelier is pioneering the essence of traditional watchmaking in a digital age. Here's the 5 key things that impressed me after our meeting that ensure they'll be worth a visit at Salon QP.
1. Craig Struthers is a seasoned watchmaker who started out restoring 1920's and 30's movements.
2. His wife, Rebecca is an Antiquarium Horologist who is studying for a PHD in watchmaking, a very honourable UK ( and possible world ) first.
3. They also created the first ever watch to win a prestigious Design Innovation Award for outstanding innovation in platinum, named Stella.
4. The cases and movements are a piece of history, meticulously restored. Some date as far back as 200 years old and they are qualified to explain the legacy of each piece.
5. Due to their classic construction, parts and maintenance will not be an issue 10-20 years from
now as the construction can be recognised by any skilled watchmakers.
6. These watches are beautifully understated and crafted with strong integrity.